One of the Baroque buildings in Quattro Canti, officially known as Piazza Vigliena, is a Baroque square in Palermo.
It dates from 1608-1620[. It is at the crossing of the two principal streets in Palermo, the Via Maqueda and the Corso Vittorio Emanuele.
Another one of the 4 Baroque buildings in Quattro Canti
A statue of one of the Kings of Sicily
This square was known as the “Square of Shame”, due to the naked statues around the spectacular fountain at its center.
Fountain of Shame, Palermo
More of the stature in the Fountain of Shame
Inside Palermo Cathedrral
On the streets of Palermo
The exterior of the Palermo Cathedral
Street scene outside the Palermo Cathedral
Another view of the exterior of the Palermo Cathedral with the statue of Santa Rosalia in the foreground
Outside the Palermo Cathedral
Clock tower of the Palermo Cathedral
A family owned puppet theatre in Palermo
The stage and one of the marionettes
The 3rd generation puppeteer with 2 of the marionettes.
One of the marionettes